Monday 22 March 2010

Simple Pleasures


There was a time when a Saturday meant a trip to Oxford, a number of purchases and of course a latte or two. Well I can still fit in my latte but life is much simpler now ...
You will now find me in my red wellies, tracky bottoms and fleece in the mud at the bottom of the garden or in the field. What a change eh? For those of you who know me well you are probably shocked at the very thought! But the sun was shining, there was not a cloud in the sky and the view went on and on... when I opened the chook house they were so pleased to see me (food) as they pecked around me clucking and quacking (Bango). Then off to see my piggies - after fighting with them - they are incredibly strong for 12 weeks old - I managed to get their food into the trough before they ate me. Then I sat in the field and listened to the peace and quiet and just breathed in that fresh Pembrokeshire air. Heaven! This evening Hubby and I just held hands and wandered around the perimeter of our field in the National Park and thought WOW one year ago we were in a state of panic, just about to go off to NZ for three weeks and a big decision to make - should we give up 2/3rds of our income and move West? Strolling back across the field towards the house we said to each other "This was definately one of our better decisions in life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment