Thursday 5 November 2009

Darkness like never before

Well I am feeling a little fed up, winter is setting in, so much to do, so little time, Christmas around the corner. I feel the need for a spreadsheet!! We are progressing well on the DIY list, one room left to floor downstairs and then the interior designer (me) can get going and finish that. The rental cottage people are being particularly slow although I do need to wind down to the Pembrokeshire way of life- they call it the Pembrokeshire Promise! Saying they will do something and either not doing it or taking ages to do it. Now that really does not fit with highligh organised way of life!! But I need to slow down that is what we moved here for and I need to remember that when I am stressing out about the huge list of things to do! Work is going well although I am not finding it a struggle to work five days, I am finding it a struggle to acutally be in work for five days if that makes sense?! Actually getting up on a friday morning to go to work is something that is still alien to me after eight years of having Friday off. But I will have to try and use my HR post and write a new flexible working policy!
The one thing that is amazing here is how dark the nights are, like nothing I have seen before. No light polution at all it is incredible especially when it is a clear night with the stars out - Fabulous. But it is also quite depressing driving home in the dark - I do like the sun.
Anyway off to watch Wales v NZ at the weekend which we are really looking forward to so must get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment